Monday, December 3, 2007

Buy Your Groceries Before You're Hungry


I'm staring into my refrigerator wondering why I have to go to the grocery store again--there's still food in the fridge. It's amazing that I still have to talk myself through the simple logic. Of. Course. It. Will. Get. Eaten. Before. Friday. (Friday is my shopping day). I'll run out by Thursday, or by Wednesday if I get the munchies. Then I'll starve on Friday. Grumbling, I head to the store and shell out the cash (oh, so expensive!)to buy more yogurt and granola before my stomach turns into a growling monster. Why in the world am I talking about the contents of my fridge?


How about another question: Why is now the time to own rental property? Because the food's not going to last till Friday. There are tons of condos being built as we speak. I have 1/2 a container of maple yogurt still in my fridge (I love dairy). But the condos won't be finished till 2009, said the Seattle Times last Friday. The demand for rentable space is going to skyrocket as predictions show that the all-time low for Seattle rental vacancies in 2000 is expected to shrink to an even smaller amount of vacancies in 2008.


And while we're on the business of food, a word of advice: Don't go shopping when you're starving. You'll buy more than you need and spend too much. Think in advance, and it's sweet (hint: you can get that chocolate and toffee bar before the craving cripples you). Really sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment